The role of Paneltex Mobile Service Engineer will include travelling to customers’ sites, and in some cases vehicles at road side, to carry out repairs to mechanical, electrical, vehicle body work & plumbing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Warranty and service repair work, mechanical and electrical, including body repairs.
- On-site services to Paneltex products.
- Work unsupervised, in conjunction with all Health & Safety legislation and in accordance with industry standards, using own initiative to overcome any problems which may arise whilst on site.
- Provide detailed & accurate reports, including photos.
- Promote Paneltex brand & services whilst actively looking to generate new service work enquires.
- Using company computer packages & systems (Sage CRM, Microsoft Office) – full training will be given.
The engineer will be provided with a vehicle, tools (hand tools to be engineer’s own), tablet and mobile phone in order to carry out the role. The engineer will be responsible for keeping these secure and reporting any issues which may result in you being unable to perform the role.
Hours of Work
Your hours of work will be flexible to suit the needs of the business and may occasionally result in overnight stays. In general, these will be 40 hours per week, worked between the hours of 5am – 7pm. Any hours worked over 40 hours will be paid at an overtime rate of time and a half. (Overtime is available subject to T&C’s of probationary period).
Full time employees receive 24 working days’ holiday during a calendar year.
Relevant work experience includes but is not limited to:
- Commercial vehicle bodybuilding or van conversions using insulated panels
Mechanical and electrical experience are essential.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of the body building industry and service/warranty-related work.
- Ideally the suitable candidate will be qualified mechanically and electrically and/or trained in other body building or related service disciplines.
- The successful candidate can demonstrate a proven track record of working in a similar service environment.
- Must be well presented with good interpersonal skills, as this is a client facing role.
Paneltex recognises the importance of personal and professional development and commits to providing sufficient training and development through a structured programme.
How to Apply
All interested applicants for this job opportunity in Hull should apply using the form below, with a copy of your CV.
OR in writing to:
OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for all applications is 15th January 2021.