- Set-up and manage CNC machines to perform different jobs including cutting and drilling of panels.
- Loading programs into CNC machine.
- Entering initial settings e.g. selecting parameters, positioning material and zeroing the machine.
- Working to set-up sheets for pod location.
- Loading workpieces onto the machine.
- Ensure the CNC machine operates in accordance with the guidelines of the company.
- Check machines on a daily basis to guarantee functionality.
- Perform QA inspection of goods presented using visual inspection and tape measure to confirm dimensions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate engineering drawing requirements into dimensions for production.
Document progress of products through the department by initialling against each individual process.
- After completion, the products are labelled and kitted up ready for assembly.
- Be familiar with the company’s Health and Safety Policies and in particular with your responsibilities.
- Comply with all relevant internal rules, policies and procedures, included in the company handbook.
- Maintain a clean working area through 5S activities.
- Perform periodic checks on equipment (TPM).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience and proficient in the use of hand held power tools.
- Ability to read and understand detailed engineering drawings.
- Setting up manufacturing equipment.
- Practical with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- High work ethic & team player.
- Effective communication includes speaking, writing, active listening and taking instructions.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety.
- Punctual & reliable.
- Flexible approach to overtime.
Specific KPI’s and Deliverables
Key Performance Indicators are vital in providing the business with information on how its operations are performing. For the production areas the KPI’s are largely focussed around H&S, Quality, Delivery, People and Environment. There is not a prescriptive list as the KPI’s themselves will evolve as the business develops and grows; all operatives are expected to contribute to improving levels of performance.
Paneltex recognises the importance of the Operative role and commits to provide sufficient training and development through a structured program.
How to Apply
All interested applicants for this job opportunity in Hull should apply using the form below, with a copy of your CV.
OR in writing to:
OR email email@example.com
The closing date for all applications is 20th January 2021.