The scope of the role is to cut and install foam insulated panels into vans, then prepare the vehicle for the next stage of the process.
Working from the cutting list and the job specification, you will work out the required size and shape of each piece, then as required cut rebates, slots, grooves etc. into foam sheets and ensure these will all fit together to make a whole panel conversion. This kit will then be securely installed within the vehicle.
The role will involve the use of routers, saws, drills, woodworking machinery, grinders etc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- QA inspection of goods presented using visual inspection and tape measure to confirm dimensions.
- Carry out the necessary work to products according to Supervisor instructions, including the fitting of various components.
- Document progress of products through the department by initialling against each individual process.
- Be familiar with the company’s Health and Safety Policies, in particular with your responsibilities.
- Comply with all relevant internal rules, policies and procedures, included in the company handbook.
- Maintain a clean working area through 5S activities.
- Perform periodic checks on equipment (TPM).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience and proficient in the use of hand-held power tools.
- Ability to read and understand detailed engineering drawings.
- Setting up manufacturing equipment.
- Practical, with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- High work ethic & team player.
- Effective communication includes speaking, writing, active listening and taking instructions.
- Good understanding of Health & Safety.
- Punctual & reliable.
- Open approach to overtime.
Specific KPI’s and Deliverables
Key Performance Indicators are vital in providing the business with information on how its operations are performing. For the production areas the KPIs are largely focused around H&S, Quality, Delivery, People and Environment. There is not a prescriptive list as the KPIs themselves will evolve as the business develops and grows; all operatives are expected to contribute to improving levels of performance.
Paneltex recognises the importance of personal and professional development and commits to providing sufficient training and development through a structured programme.
How to Apply
All interested applicants for this job opportunity in Hull should apply using the form below, with a copy of your CV.
OR in writing to:
OR email email@example.com
The closing date for all applications is 4th December 2020.