The role involves moving large pressed panels onto a trimming machine, setting up the machine, operating the machine then unloading the panels to be placed in kits for the build team. In addition, some small panels require trimming on a wall saw and some manual trimming using routers, circular saws, drills etc may be required.
Skills, attributes and experience required:
- Manual Handling experience
- Use of overhead cranes and vacuum lifting equipment
- Basic experience using air and electrical power tools and hand-tools
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and plans
- Ability to meet targets and work to deadlines
- High work ethic & team player
- Punctual & reliable
- Computer literacy
- Willingness to work overtime will be a significant advantage
Duties, Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Quality inspection of panels is required before and after trimming, so use of tape measure is important
- Carry out the trimming work and checking they are correct to engineering drawings
- Completing works orders and other necessary paperwork
3.00pm – Midnight Monday to Thursday and 11.30am – 6.00pm Fridays.
Willingness and ability to work overtime, particularly on Saturday mornings, and work to different shift patterns in future would be a definite advantage. A premium rate of pay will be available for unsociable hours.
How to apply:
To apply, please fill out the form below, marked FAO Panel Shop Manager, with a copy of your CV.