The scope of the role is to cut and prepare foam insulation, plywood and softwood reinforcements, metal plates, conduit/trunking and make them ready for another team to press into large structural insulated panels.
Working from drawings and cutting lists, you work out the number and size of each piece then as required cut rebates, slots, grooves, etc. into foam sheets and ensure these will all fit together to make a whole panel.
Use of routers, saws, drills.
Skills, attributes and experience required:
- Previous experience using most hand-held power tools
- Ability to read and understand detailed engineering drawings
- Practical, with high attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- High work ethic & team player
- Punctual & reliable
- Flexible approach to overtime
Duties, Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- QA inspection of goods presented using visual inspection and tape measure to confirm dimensions
- Carry out the necessary work to products according to engineering drawing instructions, including the fitting of various components
- Document progress of products through the department by initialing against each individual process
- After completion, the products are labelled and kitted up ready for the press team
- Maintain a clean working area
3.00pm – Midnight Monday to Thursday and 11.30am – 6.00pm Fridays.
There will be an initial training period of 4 weeks working 8.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am – 2.30pm Fridays, before being placed on the late shift.
Willingness and ability to work possible earlier shifts in future would be a definite advantage.
How to apply:
To apply, please fill out the form below, FAO Phil Carrick, Panel Shop Manager, with a copy of your CV.
The deadline for all applications will close on Friday 22nd February 2019.