A highly motivated individual is required to work with existing production facilities. Working with the production line management and reporting to Stores, the role involves aspects of materials control in two vital production functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with production areas to establish materials requirements to meet production targets
• Placement of purchase orders
• Liaise with suppliers to plan deliveries
• Involvement with storage methods/solutions
• Working with existing staff to label, store & ensure stock rotation
• Unload vehicles at goods inwards points
• Oversee goods inwards procedure and carry out booking in of goods promptly
• Raise any queries with suppliers arising at point of delivery
• Other goods in work to be undertaken in conjunction with main Stores function
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Well organised and a logical thinker
• Be able to follow regular procedures for counting/reviewing/ordering
• Experience of goods inwards procedures
• Good communication skills; verbal, phone & electronic
• Resilience to see tasks through
• Working knowledge of standard computer packages is essential. Experience of Sage 200 or similar stock control/purchase orders is desirable.
• Fork Lift Truck Licence, up to 4 tonne. (essential)
Specific KPI’s and Deliverables
Key Performance Indicators are vital in providing the business with information on how its operations are performing. For the production areas the KPIs are largely focused around H&S, Quality, Delivery, People and Environment. There is not a prescriptive list as the KPIs themselves will evolve as the business develops and grows; all operatives are expected to contribute to improving levels of performance.
Paneltex recognises the importance of personal and professional development and commits to providing sufficient training and development through a structured programme.
How to Apply
All interested applicants for this job opportunity in Hull should apply using the form below, with a copy of your CV.
OR in writing to:
OR email email@example.com
The closing date for all applications is 6th November 2020.