A highly motivated individual is required to work with a new production line. Working with the production line management and Stores, the principal role is to supply materials to all workstations on the line daily.
This position may require flexibility in hours. The line stocks must be in place each evening, prior to the following day’s production.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with production line management to establish storage requirements for the flow line
• Maintain stock on the line to suit given production levels
• Liaise with internal departments to ensure availability of materials in advance
• Pick stock from Stores to meet the line requirements
• Work with Stores to improve/refine the picking process
• Raise any quality issues with components with Stores/Purchasing
• Raise any shortages in advance and work to ensure the flow line does not stop
• Assist with continuous improvement of the manufacturing process
• Maintain relevant documentation where appropriate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Good interpersonal skills required to get the right results, without confrontation
• Experience of line-feeding, with an understanding of storage solutions/processes
• Side loader license would increase flexibility, but this is not essential
• Good communication skills; verbal, phone & electronic
• Willingness to learn about the product
• Basic knowledge of standard computer packages and email client would be helpful
• Fork Lift Truck Licence, up to 4 tonne. (essential)
Specific KPI’s and Deliverables
Key Performance Indicators are vital in providing the business with information on how its operations are performing. For the production areas the KPIs are largely focused around H&S, Quality, Delivery, People and Environment. There is not a prescriptive list as the KPIs themselves will evolve as the business develops and grows; all operatives are expected to contribute to improving levels of performance.
Paneltex recognises the importance of personal and professional development and commits to providing sufficient training and development through a structured programme.
How to Apply
All interested applicants for this job opportunity in Hull should apply using the form below, with a copy of your CV.
OR in writing to:
OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for all applications is 6th November 2020.