The role involves using wood working machines to cut mainly foam, plywood, softwood and other materials. Working from cutting lists, you will be expected to keep pace with the needs of the department, record completed jobs and mark up components so they can be identified.
Skills, attributes and experience required:
- Previous experience in a similar role is an advantage, but full training can be given
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and plans and work to tolerances
- Ability to meet targets and work to deadlines
- High work ethic & team player
- Punctual & reliable
- Willingness to work overtime will be a significant advantage
Duties, Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Operating cross cut saw, panel saw, planer/thicknesser, wall saw, notcher and rebater
- Identifying materials required and getting these to the machines
- Completing works orders
8.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am – 2.30pm Fridays.
Willingness and ability to work overtime, particularly on Saturday mornings, and work to different shift patterns in future would be a definite advantage. A premium rate of pay will be available for unsociable hours.
How to apply:
To apply, please fill out the form below, marked FAO Panel Shop Manager, with a copy of your CV.