The Chargehand will support the supervisor in delivering the strategic aims of the business as well as the daily and weekly targets for their own areas. Chargehands must be able to get the best out of their work colleagues. Though it is a hands-on role with a notable proportion of time on direct work, there will be a need to be able to deliver and organise tasks such as inspection, fault-finding, problem-solving, quality assurance and so forth. Much of the role will be spent focusing work colleagues on achieving high levels of performance and dealing with issues, whether these are technical, supply or staff related.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Make sure all work is done according to Company H&S procedures, and support improvement initiatives such as Who Cares Wins in your area.
- Support the supervisor in delivering the production plan for your area.
- Meet agreed quality targets and report problems which prevent you from doing this.
- Encourage, collect and implement improvement ideas in your area to reduce waste and make your colleagues’ jobs easier.
- Work overtime where necessary to meet production needs and encourage your team to do likewise.
- Ensure that you and your team report accurately and timely all work completed, by timesheet and software.
- Work professionally and effectively with supervisors and managers to meet overall company goals.
- Highlight shortages of parts before they disrupt the production schedule.
- Make sure you understand all the work activities in your area, and undertake training needed to fill any gaps.
- Travel when necessary in order to support the business with activities associated with your job function.
- Delivery of all activities in your area associated with the Operational Excellence transformational change program.
- The Chargehand will deputise for the supervisor when required.
Specific KPI’s and Deliverables
Key Performance Indicators are vital in providing the business with information on how its operations are performing. For the production areas the KPI’s are largely focussed around H&S, Quality, Delivery, People and Environment. There is not a prescriptive list as the KPI’s themselves will evolve as the business develops and grows; all Chargehands are expected to contribute to improving levels of performance.
Paneltex recognises the importance of the Chargehand role and commits to provide sufficient training and development through a structured program.
How to Apply
All interested applicants for this job opportunity in Hull should apply using the form below, with a copy of your CV.
OR in writing to:
OR email email@example.com
The closing date for all applications is 22nd January 2021.